Our 'Paint it Pink' piece was created to raise money during Breast Cancer Awareness month to be raffled off with all proceeds going to Breast Cancer Now. The raffle was run in conjunction with Chirpy, Chapel Allerton who had the piece in their window for the whole month and helped us to sell tickets and raise, in the end, £740 for the charity!
The 'Paint it Pink' campaign was started by The Bespoke Furniture Collection - a group of furniture artists like myself who chose to create pieces themed with pink and to donate some or all of the profits to Breast Cancer charities. To date the total raised collectively is over £3,000.
The money will be donated via The Bespoke Furniture Collection's Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tbfc The page is still active as some pieces of furniture are still up for sale. Please check out the group on Facebook if you would like to see them!
All the winners are listed below or you can watch the draw as it happened live!
The winners of the prizes were as follows:
One-off pink edition Done up North chest of drawers - Hannah Wakeford
Tessa Houghton limited edition print - Erin Bolens
Sid & Co limited edition print - Sarah Ross
Adriana Cushion - Janey Nicols
Slvgd planter - Gillian Bray
Sunshine Bakery Afternoon Tea for Two - Kerrie Alexander
Agnis Smallwood scarf - Ian Rosher
Priorymade wooden planter - Shannon France
Two pairs of Twice Fired earrings - Karen Harley
£10 voucher for Glasshouse Gallery - Rita O'Leary
The winners have been informed and prizes will go out this week! We sold 296 tickets in total. For any other details please email email@example.com
Raffle terms and conditions
- The purchase of one raffle ticket entitles the player to one chance in the relevant raffle draw. All tickets will be the same price. (£2.50)
- This raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
- The organisers - Jo McBeath and Nicky Cash - are the only people selling tickets and adminstering the raffle specifically and as such are ineligble from taking part.
- Underage gambling is an offence
- UK law states that it is an offence for raffle tickets to be sold to, by or on behalf of a person under 16 years of age
- All monies raised by this raffle will support the work of Breast Cancer Now
- Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by credit/debit card (excluding American Express/Electron/Solo), PayPal online at www.doneupnorth.com or in cash or by card in person in Chirpy.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received
- Any ticket payments received after the draw will be considered as donations to Breast Cancer Now.
- Winning raffle tickets will be drawn randomly and prizes allocated in reverse order. The first ticket drawn will win the 10th runner up prize, the second ticket drawn will win the 9th runner up prize, this process will continue until all prizes have been allocated with the final ticket drawn being for the first prize.
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into
- If not present winners will be notified by email or text message as soon as possible after the draw date.
- A list of winners will be published at www.doneupnorth.com and in Chirpy. Names of winners and results of the raffle will be available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chest of Drawers can be collected from Chirpy, Chapel Allerton or delivery will be arranged by Done up North if required. For any winners more than 75 miles from Leeds courier delivery will be arranged and a contribution may be need to be agreed towards the courier costs if free delivery can't be secured. All other prizes must be collected from Chirpy, Chapel Allerton, Leeds by winners if local to the shop. For winners outside of the area prizes will be posted out second class.
- Where the organisers are unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following their first attempt to notify the prize-winner, the organisers may apply the prize as it sees fit, including by re-offering the prize in future raffles
- All winners are required to co-operate with the organisers’s requirement to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested on collection of prizes
- The 'Friends of Chirpy and Done up North raising money for Breast Cancer Now' society's raffle is registered with the Leeds City Council to operate this raffle, licence number is LOTREG/05019/17. This licence is issued under the Gambling Act 2005. Registered licence holders are: Jo McBeath and Nicky Cash
- Requests for additional raffle tickets, requests to be removed from future raffle mailings, or any concerns or complaints about this raffle should be addressed to: Done up North, 3 Waterloo Crescent, Leeds, LS13 2JQ
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing or allocation error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the raffle in any way, the organisers reserve the right to fairly administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Done up North & Chirpy will notify entrants of the error
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion
- The full list of prizes in order is:
1 - Done up North pink custom design Chest of drawers
2 - Tessa Houghton Limited Print
3 - Sid & Co Limited Print
4 - Adriana Cushion
5 - Planter from Slvgd
6 - Sunshine Bakery Afternoon Tea for Two
7 - Agnis Smallwood scarf
8 - Priormade Planter
9 - Twice Fired earrings (2 pairs)
10 - Glasshouse Gallery £10 voucher