if you are looking for modern, distinctive and luxurious re-styled vintage furniture like no other created by hand by Done up North but can't see what you want today then why not talk to us about a custom commission.
Perhaps you are looking for a completely custom design drinks cabinet or maybe you might like a bespoke designed statement sideboard.
Whatever the project, I can create something unique for you. I have a huge experience with sourcing vintage furniture and so I'm able to find pieces to fit a certain space or re-purpose for specific function as well as to re-design them.
Once I have built up a picture of the style and specification you are looking for I can source the base vintage piece, unless we are working on a piece or pieces you already own.
I then create the design to suit it specifically and produce mock ups. This helps to visualise your new piece of furniture perfectly before any work is agreed. I can even drop these images into interior design room visuals if you have a scheme created or images of your current room to help you decide on the look you like.
As a trained Interior Designer I can help advise you on design choices and finding the right type of piece if you aren't sure!
I regularly work with other Interior Designers and their clients as well as directly with my own clients and I will take on the full project management so you have nothing to worry about.
I am happy to keep you as involved in the progress of the project as you want to be whether that is working with me with regular updates to make sure you are or whether you are happy just to know when its ready to be delivered to your home!
Please get in touch to have a no obligation chat with me about your commission project today.
Contact email@example.com or call 07786 070809.
- View all past commission pieces for inspiration in All Furniture Designs
- View the current listings of pieces ready to be commissions in Available Furniture
Commissioning a piece of furniture - how it works!
- We will work with you to capture your requirements and then produce an estimated cost to source, design & carry out re-finishing and re-purposing work, including any materials and supplies needed for the new design.
- The cost is an estimate of the work and the time needed. If the condition of the piece requires additional work or the work estimated takes longer for any unforeseen reason or you would like additional or more complex work then we’ll talk to you about this and agree any further costs needed between us before going ahead.
- If we are sourcing a piece for you the cost includes sourcing time up to 2 hours after which any more time will be charged at £20 per hour
- If we are sourcing a piece for you the budget for sourced pieces is up to £100 including delivery to the workshop. If we find something outside of that that we think you’ll love we’ll discuss it with you and see if you want to go ahead and pay the additional cost or to keep looking.
- For custom designs where we’re creating something bespoke for you the cost includes design work time up to 2 hours to create one design, produce a mockup and make up to 2 rounds of amendments, if required.
- The cost estimate includes a specified design level which covers the estimated time and complexity to create on the piece. If a design is or becomes more complex this will be advised and any extra cost agreed with you first before proceeding.
- A project is secured by an initial 50% of the initial estimate by way of a deposit. This secures the project start date in the schedule and will cover outgoings such as sourcing the piece and materials. This is deposit is non-refundable. Once that has been paid these terms are assumed to have been accepted.
- The remaining 50% will be due when the work is ready to be started, along with any additional costs agreed up to that point. Any further costs agreed beyond that point can be invoiced later.
- We’ll let you know the start date as soon as we have it scheduled and assuming we’ve got your piece ready to work on and the design is fully signed off the project will be completed within two weeks of that date.
- Once work is underway any changes to the design or specifications may incur additional costs but if you have any concerns at all let us know as soon as possible so that we can make any changes for you as most importantly we want you to love your new furniture!
- The estimated completion date is an estimate only and may take longer due unforeseen circumstances with the piece itself or other projects, but we’ll keep you updated so you know where things are up to. (You can always see the progress in our social media– unless you specify for us not to share your projects before completion in which case we will happily comply. We reserve the right to share images once you have taken delivery though)
- If delivery is required a quote that will be arranged at the end of the project and the fee can either be paid in the final instalment or in a separate payment at the end. We are happy to deliver locally within Leeds for free and collections are also welcome.
- Please be aware commission design orders cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Any pieces not picked up or delivery paid for and arranged within 15 days of completion will be charged a £20/day storage fee.
- Any pieces not picked up with 30 days of completion will be listed for sale to recoup costs.
- Once piece has been picked up/delivered, any damage after unpacking or once in residence is your responsibility.
If you have any issues once the projects has ended we are always delighted to help our clients with after care!
A final note or two:
All of our furniture is restored and refinished with a very high quality, long-lasting but we would like to note not to expect a machine/factory finish as we do it all by hand!
As we are working with Vintage furniture all the pieces supplied have had a life before so please do expect some signs of use appropriate to its age.