ONLINE COURSE: CUTTING EDGE FURNITURE UPCYCLING
Learn to restore and re-design Vintage Furniture with striking Modern designs with Nicky from Done up North on this last LIVE outing of her successful Online course.
Take your furniture designs up a gear and your confidence to the next level with the only Upcycling Course of its kind teaching you end-to-end the process of creating Cutting Edge designs for Vintage furniture.
You will also get full access to all of the trainings from the Design your Way 5 day Challenge to help unleash your Creativity and help you decide the design you want to make a reality on the Course itself.
The 6 Week course starts on February 22nd 2021
How the Course works
Weekly Demo Sessions
Live weekly Q&A session
Course resource area
THE SIX WEEKLY MODULES:
Applying Designs II
Finishes & Finishing Touches
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this Course Right for Me?
- This is a perfect course if you have never even lifted a paintbrush as I’ll show you everything in detail right from the very start! You don't need any experience at all.
- It’s also great for you if you have some experience but perhaps want to enhance your knowledge or skills or improve a specific aspect of your technique (have a look at the modules below for more detail)
- It’s also great if you already a Pro and skilled in certain areas and want to add new techniques to your repertoire!
- And it’s definitely going to be perfect for you if you want to get started with Masking Tape Design or get better results than you’re currently getting.
What do I need to take the Course?
We'll send you a list of the essential items before the course starts, with some optional extra items depending on the design and the type of piece you choose. It doesn't take a huge investment in equipment to take this Course.
The items are broken down by week too so you don't need to buy everything at once, but just as you come to that stage.
How does it work if I can't join in Live?
The Q&A sessions will be arranged to maximise the opportunity of everyone being able to make at least one session Live with Nicky depending on the time zones of the participants.
Nicky will also be available through the Course Group to support you and answer questions as you work too.
How long do I have to complete the Course
The Live element and Group support will end one week after the Course officially finishes but Nicky is still available to help through 1-to-1 sessions or through her Creative Inside membership group.
When is the Course?
They are generally only every 4 months.
Can I join if I'm not in the UK?
We have had people from around the World on the Online courses - it's a wonderful way to get to work together.
Have a look at the FAQ 'How does it work if I can't join in Live' for a little more info on different timezones.
Is the course is fully accessible?
The Lives and demos will be captioned and full transcripts will be made available.
Please contact email@example.com if you'd like to discuss your needs with us.
I'm not on Facebook so can I still take part?
The Course Demos, Live Q&A replays and all other materials will all be accessible through a Members area of the website.
The Lives will take place on Zoom and streamed into the Community so you can still join to ask questions without needing to access Facebook.
LEARN YOUR WAY
LEARNING THAT FITS YOUR LIFE NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
Learn Live Week by Week
Create your own unique piece of furniture over 6 weeks
Modules gradually rolled out
Allows you to build a deeper undestanding at each stage
Go at your Own Pace
Fit the course into your schedule and watch on replay
Life time access
The course materials are available to you indefintely
WHY LEARN WITH ME?
- I'll be showing you how to re-design it the unique Done up North way that has become a much emulated style within Modern Furniture Upcycling.
- You will be learning the exact techniques I use myself to create high quality pieces that will look good and stay looking good for a long time to come.
- The workshops are packed with value as I share all of my tips, insider info and personally gained experience.
- As a three-time award-winning Upcycler / Furniture Refinisher you are learning from an industry leader.
- I have shared what I've learned with thousands of people online, and hundreds through my courses and Lives - many of whom have moved on to start their own businesses
- And, oh yes, learning with me is rather fun - this is certainly not a stuffy course!
What they say about the Course
Furniture Artist, Gold Earth Design
I was not feeling confident about my skills and I was worried about making basic mistakes. Now, I feel so much more prepared to take on work and challenges in my journey with upcycling! Nicky provided awesome resources and guidance that I can keep with me forever. I am so thankful to have found her and to have the opportunity to work with her even from so far away. If you want to learn professional skills and feel confident about the quality of your work I highly recommend the course."
Vintage Furniture Refurbisher, Raymonds Rose
I’d highly recommend Nicky’s workshops / coaching if you are looking for a new venture or help with upcycling furniture. I researched a number of companies who did similar workshops to Nicky before I decided to take the plunge, I love her style and her work ethic and the fact she is incredibly talented just to name a few! I never thought I would be able to start a new business after completing Nicky’s course, it was certainly a game changer for me!
Furniture Artist, Tilly Telstar
If, like me, you are new to the world of furniture painting and you want to produce a contemporary finish to your furniture. Spend the money and take Nicky’s course! The course will give you the skills you need turn out beautiful work. I am now confident that I can sell my work and start my business. Thank you Nicky ! Your online course was extremely helpful to me."
Furniture Designer, Tiggy Lou Creations
Before I started working with Nicky, I was struggling to know where to start with masking tape design and what order you did the different steps. But I’m so glad I joined her workshop as I learnt all the skills I needed. Nicky really helped me get clear on the process, the tools required, how to avoid mistakes and importantly, when mistakes do happen, how to correct them!"
Bringing a new angle to Upcycling...
She has won several awards for her original and experimental designs including International Upcycler in a Modern design category, Technical Refinishing Artist and Wood Refinishing Artist.
She is a Member of The House of Upcycling, Ambassador Associate for their membership of the British Institute of Interior Design, has appeared at Grand Designs Live and in Reclaim Magazine and is due to be appearing at the rescheduled 2020 Ideal Home Show.
She creates one-off design pieces but is largely focussed these days on teaching aspiring Furniture Upcyclers inspiring original design and professional upcycling techniques through her courses and coaching groups.